Thursday, July 8, 2010

Morning

I love quiet mornings.  They are always early, but if they are quiet I can handle them.  Right now we have some lovely piano music playing quietly.   Jack is already into a book- rubbing his head with a slight grin.  Robin Hood I think.  Samuel is into the Little People and trucks again.  Kayla was reading as she strolled around the house.  Now she's into some project- I'm just not sure what it is.  Lucy is back down for a nap.  This morning Sammy and I were talking about missing Daddy, who is away for a week.  He smiled as he told me that last night he talked to God about missing Daddy.  That can get to this mama's heart a little.

I took this picture in our backyard.  It's one of the things I enjoy about this house- the feeling of being by a country road even though we're in a neighborhood.  Sometimes I like to think we're way out in the middle of no where.  Not sure what that says about me- sometimes thinking I'm at the beach, sometimes the country...
Swimming lessons later this morning.  That has been a real joy for me to watch.  Just two weeks ago, Kayla would not put her face in the water.  She's a fish now!  And so happy during her lesson.  Smiling and bobbing up and down in the water.  I think she's under more than she's above! 
Have a great day!

1 comment:

podso said...

Mornings are the best. Sweet Sammy! And your readers and swimmers! It's always so nice to check in on your life...