Monday, June 28, 2010

Some Sammy Stories

Samuel has given me so many stories lately.  Not that he hasn't in the past but these are more from things he says, not the crazy things he does!  So here's a few.

Sam is learning to chew gum.  Well, really, how not to swallow gum.  He was doing great when I realized he no longer had his gum.  I said, "Sam, what happened to your gum?"  And what did he say?  "God told me to swallow it, Mom."   "God told you that???"  Serious look.  "Yah.  He did."  Hmmm...

Later during dinner, I got up for something, turned around, and there was Sam, on the floor.
"Sam, what are you doing on the floor?"
"Not eating my dinner." 

One evening,  I was putting Samuel to bed.  As I sang him one more song, he reached up around my neck and pulled my face down next to his.  He whispered, "Mommy, I'll keep you forever."
Oh, I'll keep you too buddy.

3 comments:

Jenny and Andy Benson said...

That last one just got me... There sure is nothing like the love of our little ones!

Love you all!
Jenny B

ps... the code word this time is "rappin" NICE!

podso said...

Another tear jerker! What a sweet boy and i just love the stories. Sounds like quite a sensible guy actually.

podso said...

Comment from GRC: He always is thinkin Sam will be a theologian (see Story #1).