Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lately

I'd love to post more often than I do.  I often think of things that I should put on the blog but don't get around to it.  We have been enjoying this spring weather.  Mud seems to be the thing right now.  Even Kayla gets into it up to her elbows and loves it.  Good thing because there is plenty of it!  Jack's first soccer game of the season was yesterday.  I think the team was glad to be back together.  They have a fantastic coach and seemed to have a great time playing together- and they won!  After the game, Brian treated us to donuts from a wonderful bakery in town.  Yum!  His sister and her girls are in town so there has been lots of fun cousin time over the weekend, too. 
Whenever I catch a quiet moment, I am either reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" or flipping through Better Homes and Garden.  We bought a house!!  Yippee!  So I'm looking for ideas because decorating is really not my thing.
And I have to say, in the midst of everything, I am developing a deeper appreciation of and admiration for my husband.  This guy is gifted in so many ways.  He handles the Word so well, is thoughful and intentional in his teaching of it. 
He leads his family well.
He loves us well.
He serves us well.  He's been doing the grocery shopping since Lucy was born and actually enjoys it!  He always brings me a new spice to add to me collection.  Flowers this week, too. 
What a guy.

2 comments:

podso said...

Well the gardener has wanted to do the grocery shopping for a long time. I'm not organized enough to have a list ready for him. But if there were flowers in the bargain .... go Brian!

Have you checked out Mabel's house link on my blog? I wonder if her style is a bit yours. She does a lot with thrifting---calls it midcentury--i.e,, the 50s when I was a kid! Fun to read her blog; she's also trying to write a book. Did you read Same kind of different as me? Our next bookclub.

Oh, half the libraries in Charlotte are closing. Guess you read on Bonnie's blog.

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Wow!! Congratulations on a house!! I know you must be thrilled. I look forward to hearing about it! I love to look at BH&G, too--it seems so easy for them...