Monday, March 8, 2010

Lately...

"You think winter will never end, and then, when you don't expect it, when you have almost forgotten it, warmth comes and a different light."  from Wendell Berry's Hannah Coulter

I know, I know.  More W.B. quotes.  But if the shoe fits...  The warm weather was just in time for my sanity.  I've been feeling a little cooped up and cranky.  It's amazing to me how much difference some nice warm, sunny weather can make.  The kids and I made it outside today and it did us all good.  People are smiling, happily awaiting spring.  It's right around the corner!
 
  
Have I mentioned how cute she is?


The birthday party- complete with a camo-cake...


and indoor swimming.


2 comments:

podso said...

You find just the right quotes. And it was just that kind of day here. You were almost in shock. Just where did this day come from? And I saw some tree flowering! The first. Everyone was celebrating it seemed.

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Oh my, she is so cute! As are all 4 of them! Happy Birthday to Jack, too--what a neat guy. It really was a wonderful day, huh? That sun just felt soooo good!