Part of getting things ready for baby girl is getting her big brother out of the crib and into a big boy bed. Bittersweet for me. It has been a lot of fun putting Kayla's old crib set on the crib and getting things rearranged in the "girls" room. Kayla has really enjoyed it. For now her baby dolls have taken up residence in the crib. And Samuel has done pretty well transitioning into his bed. I have to say I shed a few tears, though. I guess it feels like somewhat of an end to his babyhood, even if he is 2 1/2. At first he wasn't too sure about this move- he was perfectly content in his crib. But we let him choose his comforter and it didn't take long for him to warm up to Woody and Buzz and his new bed. I guess he's just growing up! Imagine that!
His last night in the crib. He always snuggled up as close to the edge as he could get.
Exploring the new bed.
Yes! Asleep in his new bed for the first time!


1 comment:
Auh ---so sweet! And the story reading too!
Post a Comment