Friday, November 6, 2009

The Saga


So once again, it has been a while.  On Tuesday, I sighed ( a happy sigh) and thought to myself, "Our first fever free day in 13 days!"  Aahhh.  We were hit with what we assume to have been the flu, the new one.  The one causing so much uproar in the media and in families all over Blacksburg, at least.  It surely is not easy to be generally housebound for that long, especially as some kids feel better while others are just beginning to get sick.  But as usual if we are willing to look, evidence of God's mercy is everywhere.  Here are a few examples:
          *friends organized meals for us for several days when all of us but Brian were sick
          *family brought more popcicles, drinks, and tissues than one could imagine
          *Samuel and I both were able to get Tamiflu which helped us a lot
          *now baby girl has a better chance at immunity once she's born
          *although it's never fun to be sick, it really could have been much worse
          *I have a husband who carried both home and work with love and care


The beginning of our flu saga.  Sam wasn't sick yet but they were all taking it easy.  Kayla loves to mother this boy.



Brian managed to carve everyone's pumpkin and bring a bright spot to the evening.  Clearly, they aren't looking so hot at this point.  It had been a few days before I got this picture.  I love the one with glasses.

No comments: