It took weeks but I finally got my turn to check out "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." It's great. I found myself thinking what a delight it was to read, even with the thread of sadness and suffering throughout.
I'd like to say I recommend it but I said that to a friend about another book I read and she hated it. Oops! ( I recommend it anyway!)
The problem I'm having is that once I check out a book from the library, I almost always want my own copy! I bought all of Marilynne Robinson's books and now I want this one. Where's that book budget?


3 comments:
You know we did this one our last book club. I sent my copy to my sister to pass around to her friends, asking that everyone write something in it before passing it on. We'll see how far it goes, what they say, and if I ever get it back!
Oh, Danielle, you sound just like me. Devouring books, but afraid to recommend them. AND wanting them all on my bookshelf. :) Let me know if you have any more recommendations. I promise if I don't like it, I' won't tell you. :)
Enjoy! Enjoy!It's even good on audio!
Bonnie
Post a Comment