Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Official!







Yahoo! Saturday was a great day! Graduation!

Lots of family and friends here to help celebrate. We are thankful for each one.

Jack and Kayla were very excited for Daddy's graduation, though they didn't really know what that meant. To them, it means more time for Daddy to play! It really was wonderful to see Brian and the other graduates receive their diplomas. Doctorates, M. Divs. It was the culmination of three years, maybe more for some, of hard work, discouragement, encouragement, perseverance, and experiencing God's faithfulness. The speaker, a Scotsman with a fantastic accent, said in the words of Winston Churchill that this was "the end of the beginning." His text was Ephesians 3:20-21. What I remember most is his emphasis on "To Him." To Him be the glory.

I have thought about that a lot and can see so many things for which to give Him glory. One that I keep coming back to is how He has shaped and molded my dear husband and in so doing, shaped me as well (isn't that how leadership works?). The Lord has truly given Brian such a high regard for the Scriptures. Their holiness. Their inerrancy. Their power. God's word stands alone, as it is. I have learned through Brian to stick to it. It is life.

We as a family have much to be grateful for over these past three years. I think we have come out stronger (though not a little tired!) and with a deeper trust in the Lord for who He says He is.
And I have come to appreciate Brian all the more. He's a faithful servant and a true gift to me.





Uncle Jeff with his Grace and our Samuel after the ceremony.





Cousins enjoying pizza after a long, fun day!

1 comment:

podso said...

What a well-spoken tribute! To God, to Scripture, and to your wonderful husband!