Monday, May 19, 2008

Graduation is just five days away. Five days. When we moved here for Brian to attend RTS almost three years ago, it truly seemed like it would be forever. Three years felt like eternity. I had no idea how hard it would be to move from Virginia down to Charlotte. We had lived there for over 13 years. Dear friends. A wonderful church family. The valley.

It was a lonely time in many ways. I cried for the first year and through much of the second. By the third year, Charlotte felt more comfortable. We knew our way around. We had joined a church. Moved out of our townhouse and into a house on a cul-de-sac that was (and is) perfect for the kids.

And now, it's almost time to move again(back to Virginia, thank you Lord). Oddly enough, I find myself at a strange place. Sad to leave. Who would have thought I'd be sad to move from Charlotte? But I am. I try to push the sadness down because I just don't want to feel it but it's as if there is a dam that is trying really hard to break and will any day now. The tears have trickled out occasionally but pretty soon, I think they will flow.

To me, that is a testimony to the goodness of God. He has given me such wonderful gifts here that I have reason to be sad. Reason to miss this place that I once dreaded so much. He is so faithful to care for his sheep. To give them what is best for them even when it involves pain. As we get ready to move again, I have many of the same fears and hesitations I had when we moved here but I have experienced in a new way His provision and care, and I am hopeful. I can fully rest in His promises. I know His faithfulness will be proved again.

No comments: