Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lots to Say

So, the other night I was putting Kayla to bed and she said to me, "Mommy, are the things I think about when I'm asleep my dreams?" I love how she put that! It makes me wonder what else she is thinking about but doesn't say.
Not that she doesn't have much to say. Lately she is somewhat of a self-proclaimed expert on what Samuel wants and needs. She often tells me, "Moooommm...Samuel wants ME" as he is trying to get away. Or "Moooommm... Samuel wants to go down the slide" as he is playing with a ball. I hear "Mom, Samuel wants his drink" or "Mom, Samuel doesn't want you to hold him. He wants meeeeee..." I like this little phrase she uses, "Come on, bud, come on. Come to me, bud." When he was a newborn and was fussy I could hear her walking around the house saying in a sweet voice, "It's alright, bud. It's alright." She loves him well.

I don't know how much confidence she has in me on some things, sewing and cooking green beans in particular. She had a bear whose arm had come off and she really wanted to send it to Mimi to repair. As I was getting out my own needle and thread she said, "Remember Mom, just push the needle in and out. In and out." And when I fix green beans, she always reminds me "Remember Mom, nutmeg and oil. That's all you need. Just nutmeg and oil." Then she watches to see that I get it right.
And then there was the time a month or two ago when we took her to get her hair cut. A man sat down in the stylist chair who really did not have much hair at all. None on top and a little around the ears. She pointed right at him and said, "Mommy, THAT guy doesn't need a haircut!"
(By the way, Jack took this picture)

No comments: