Tonight marked a significant step in the life of the little church plant we call Providence Presbyterian.
We elected elders and deacons.
We officially called Brian as the pastor of PPC, instead of the planting pastor. (I think those are the right words.)
And the church voted to petition the presbytery to allow us to "particularize" or become our own church and no longer a mission church.
If all goes well, our church will particularize March 1.
Wow.
I have to say it is humbling to see all God has done in His church. It seems to me that there has been beautiful and sometimes painful growth flowing throughout this body. Those two things often go together, don't they?
It also seems to me that PPC is a community of grace. Not perfect people doing everything right but imperfect people seeking to love and encourage and serve each other. I really love that ministry happens across the board. Brian and I are neither the best at nor the only ones pursuing hospitality, service, or anything else. It's the church learning, failing, forgiving, growing, loving.
We are grateful for it all.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is so nice to read! You have been faithful. I know what a particular church means but I always have thought it a funny word. Anyway I'm thankful for what God has done in your church and glad to see this day approaching!
Post a Comment