Sunday, July 27, 2014

OBX 2014- The Place

I like to divide our beach pictures into two groups: one of the people, one of the place.  I'm starting with the place because there aren't quite as many and I clearly am slow at blogging this summer...

Waaayyy back in early June we set out for Southern Shores on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  I am convinced (or at least hopeful!)  there will be beautiful beaches when God makes the new heavens and new earth and I will be allowed to enjoy them forever! 

IMG_9803
Starting with two of my favorites.
IMG_9801
If I'm remembering right, there had been a few storms blow through on our last night.  Then the clouds began to clear and voila!  Beautiful!
IMG_9724
The sun sets over the sound near Jockey's Ridge State Park.
 IMG_9665
Brian's dad has a four-wheel drive so one afternoon we took it north to Corolla where you can drive on the beach.  We saw a few wild horses.
IMG_9667
Can you tell how smooth and flat the sand is?  
IMG_9692
The sky darkened and I loved how it looked.
On the way back up the beach it started raining and those of us in the back of the truck got a little wet.  Just adds to the experience, right?
IMG_9614
Here's our view from the back of the beach house.  These are our steps off the deck/porch/whatever you call it.
And a few more:
IMG_9617
IMG_9706
IMG_9747

1 comment:

podso said...

Really good pictures. Love that blue water!