Thursday, January 21, 2010

Learning

Today began as one of those days when I wonder what in the world I am doing.  Actually I have many like that.  This morning I had to wonder if anybody was learning anything.  But as the day went on I think I was given a great gift.  I saw it this time in Kayla.

Kayla has learned to change Lucy's diaper and is so very helpful with her.

This afternoon she had storytime with her babies- and Lucy who is in the swing.  She was really reading!

Kayla really likes to help in the kitchen, usually with baking.  Today we ventured out and made spaghetti sauce.  She helped in all the preparations and of course the tasting.

I'd say she's learning quite a bit.  So am I.

2 comments:

podso said...

Oh my this brought a few tears ! How precious. The pics are great--especially of the dolls lined up listening to the story K. is reading. I read from another homeschooler today about how hard it is to patiently wait for results--to see your kids learning. You had a day like that today, and you saw results. What a great teacher/example Kayla has in you!

melissa said...

You know...some days (esp. with homeschooling...esp. with that) it's all about just getting the daily things done. And holding the baby has to be front and center.

Read lots with the kids and forget any other parts of homeschooling on the bad/hard days. You're doing great!!! :)

It's not about self-torture!