Sunday, October 4, 2009


Kayla caught a near freak-out moment on camera.  Can you tell?  I didn't see this picture until a few days after it was taken and it actually made me laugh, even as I remembered what seemed like a circus at the time.  Overall, homeschooling is going well.  I count it a privelage to educate my children and see them learn, to have them at home with me, to enjoy childhoods that pass all too quickly.  That is not to say, however, that there are not days when I think I will soon lose my mind.  For example, when I am attempting a language arts lesson for one child while another one is taking pictures and another one is scribbling all over the dry erase board I am trying to use.  The urge to scream can be pretty strong- instead, in this instance, I covered my mouth and looked away -for just a moment- wondering what my next words should be.  I don't remember what they were.  I think we called it a day.

1 comment:

podso said...

That photo is a classic. It captures so much of the emotion of homeschooling. Because there are many days like that, but we pursue. I like how you say you covered your mouth and looked away wondering what to say...so much better than blurting something out without thinking. That is great gain right there!