Friday, July 24, 2009

A few lines of late...

I asked Kayla to get her pajamas on. She comes into the bathroom, no jammies, wearing really not much of anything. I said, "Kayla, where are your pajamas?" "Mom, I'm sleeping in my skin tonight." OK.

I had a book on the counter called "Big Girls Don't Whine." Jack asked about it and I told him it's for mommy-type big girls who can be whiney themselves. He was quiet and then said seriously, "Mom, I really think you need to read this to Kayla." Hmmm...

Our friend Jenny was over this morning and asked Jack about a little toy he had. "Is it from a movie?"
"No, from Target." Smiles.

The bigger kids took swimming lessons a few weeks ago. Kayla does not like to put her face in the water. In fact, she pretty much refuses. One day in the car she said to us, "I don't know why they call them swimming lessons. They are really learn to put your face in the water lessons." We're still working on that.

Hopefully we'll have some new pictures up soon. Brian has the camera in Mexico right now but he'll be back soon! We'll be glad to have him home. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. It seems strange that he's not here. They have been 10 good ones and I look forward to seeing what the next 10 bring.

1 comment:

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Such sweet kiddos you have. :) I hope that Brian got back safely, and Happy 10th Anniversary!!