Monday, December 1, 2008

Just For a Smile

Some snippets from around our house lately...

Kayla: "WHY did we move here if there is no Costco???"

After Brian checked our spaghetti to see if it was done by throwing a piece against the wall (hmm..), he gave it to Jack, who yelled "Spaghetti launch!!!" and threw it on the ceiling. Periodically throughout dinner Samuel would look up at it, grunt, and point. I think it's still there...

One night in the car after having spent some time earlier in the day at a dairy farm:
J: "Mom, did you know cows are mammals?"
S: "Mooo. Mooo."
K: "Mom, did you know Cal says he's a cow?"
S: "Moooo..."

Today during school, I needed a break. I mean, I really needed a break. I sent the kids upstairs and saw our ABC puzzle pieces on the table. I threw them across the kitchen. Several of them. As I was throwing them, I thought to myself, "What are you doing? Where's the grownup???" I later confessed this to a friend who said, "Hmmm. I usually look for a glass plate." Smile...

Mooo...

Samuel is picking up new words. The latest, no. "Sam, can you say book?" "No." "Can you say ball?" "No." "Say mama?" "No." "Sam, can you say no?" Smile. Silence.

Samuel usually wakes up crying. One morning, I heard him talking, the Sam way. "Aa-aa" (This means Jack) I went upstairs quietly, still hearing him jabbering. Then I heard Jack's sleepy voice. "Right Sam" "Aa. Baa." "Yah Sam." Some grunts. "Really?" And it continued. A nice conversation between brothers.

That's good for me. Sometimes I need to just remember to laugh a little.

No comments: