Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Great Outdoors

I have never really considered myself the outdoorsy type. Really, the woods. Don't like the bugs. Please, oh, please never ask me to go camping. When I was in high school, being outside just made my hair go flat. But my children love to be outside, as it should be. So, I am learning to also love the outdoors. One day a couple of weeks ago, the kids and I took an adventure to Pandapa's Pond in the Jefferson National Forest. When we got there, Jack and Kayla immediately found one of those large park signs that tells you all about the area, what you might see, has a map, etc... They saw all the animals that might live in the forest and were so excited to get going. Kayla said, "This is going to be the best day ever!" as she ran ahead.
They had a great time. At one point, we turned a corner to see two deer snacking. They weren't phased by us one bit. We also saw several turtles, a heron, some ducks, fish, butterflies, and according to the kids, black bear prints!
It was a wonderful day to enjoy God's creation together.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein." Psalm 24:1

No comments: